African Drums Workshop:
Instilling Instinctive Rhythm
This interactive workshop event is aimed at adult musicians wishing to develop their own tutoring skills to pass on drumming knowledge to younger drummers, aged 5-14.
Try out the djembe, dundun, bell and maracash instrument in this interactive workshop which explores the traditional African approach to learning music and encourages a higher level of aural musicianship.
Thursday 9 February 2017, 3.45pm
In this 45-minute session you will:
- Understand the traditional African approach to learning music, and how to apply this to teaching children aged 5-14.
- Learn how to approach important warm-ups such as body percussion, beat-boxing and call & response
- Gain authentic material for teaching African drumming to young people and in a classroom environment
- Understand an alternative approach to teaching music in the classroom which encourages a higher level of aural musicianship
- Understand how the skills that students learn through African drumming can be transferable to music of all kinds
Tickets are FREE but you must register in advance.
Hammersmith Rd, London, W14 8UX
Music Education Expo, Olympia, Hammersmith Road, W14 8UX